Cacao (raw chocolate) is a powerful plant medicine that has been used ceremonially for thousands of years across Central and South America. The people of ancient Mesoamerica attributed a sacred status to Cacao and would drink it ceremonially to commune with their gods.
A cacao ceremony gives us sacred time and space for ourselves in a hectic and stressful world. It is the perfect space to switch off from the outside chaos and journey into the silence within, so that we can become clearer on who we are, where we are going, and the opportunities available to us.
Whether you are looking for help shifting an emotional blockage, letting go of the past, finding your way, or you simply need to lift your spirits, these ceremonies can provide the focus you need to re-align and get back on track.
Cacao can be used to:
- Clear emotional blocks
- Let go of past relationships
- Understand ourselves better
- Connect with your creativity
- Enhance focus and provide mental agility in the workplace
- Enhance therapeutic work, coaching and team building with individuals and groups
- Enable a deeper practice in yoga and meditation
We use the finest, ceremonial grade cacao in our ceremonies, from the Ashaninka Tribes of Peru and a shaman in Guatemala, that is both fair trade and sustainable.
Cacao (raw chocolate) is a powerful plant medicine that has been used ceremonially for thousands of years across Central and South America. Far from just the delicious sweet substance that we know it as today the ancient people of Mesoamerica considered chocolate to be a gift from the gods; a specialty food that achieved a sacred status. This sacred plant was used ceremonially to connect the people to their gods, to mark milestones for important life events, and as a healing beverage.
Cacao has many amazing qualities that support health and psychological well-being. Research confirms that chocolate helps to relieve emotional stress by reducing levels of stress hormones in the body and improves the blood flow to the brain, increasing mental agility, awareness and focus. Cacao, if drunk regularly, keeps skin smoother and normalizes blood pressure, reducing the need for medication.
The Health Benefits of Cacao
- A powerful antioxidant that boosts the immune system
- Improves heart function, lowers cholesterol and improves circulation
- Increases the release of endorphins creating a 'feel good' buzz and can help to combat depression
- Contains important vitamins and minerals such as magnesium, calcium, zinc, potassium, B-complex vitamins and iron
- Excellent for use in Group Work and enables increased focus during inner work such as meditation, yoga, and therapeutic work